Protect Your Smartphone from a Virus or Attack
You probably already know how important it is to protect your Smartphone from viruses. Protect your Smartphone with anti-virus software. Your phone’s app store may offer free anti-virus software.
- Put a PIN or password on your Smartphone and keep it locked when it’s not in use. Your phone may also have a lock pattern feature or facial-recognition lock.
- Stay away from suspicious websites when browsing the Internet on your phone. Viruses can be installed on your phone through malicious websites.
- Encrypt the files and data stored on the phone.
- Avoid connecting your phone to unsecured wireless networks. These networks don’t need a password to join, so anyone can connect to your device and infect it with a virus without you knowing about it.
- Download an app or document only if it comes from a trustworthy source, such as your phone’s app store. Downloading apps from third-party websites may put your phone at risk.